Thursday, October 13, 2011

Take some of my cards back

When I look at the past and I talk to some friends from the past it makes me wonder what would have happened if things would have just been a little bit different.  Not that I'm dwelling in the past but haven't you ever just wondered. 
Would I have married, would I have had 2 children or none or more?  What type of occupation would I have been in?  Would I still have stayed in Kansas?  Would I still be the same type of person that I am now?
Would I be alive today?  Or would I have never seen that Angel in my hallway that night. 
Yeah, I saw him.  No, he didn't have wings.  But he was real and he was there.  If he wasn't I wouldn't be here today.  I hadn't seen him before and I haven't seen him since.  But he was looking after me that night.  It seems like so long ago now. 
Thinking back though, if I had made different decisions before all that maybe it never would have happened in the first place.  Or was it destined.  Is there such a thing as destiny?
Is everything supposed to happen for a reason?  Is your life all planned out as soon as you're born?  I don't know anymore.  Because if it is  some of things I was dealt the dealer can take back my cards, because I don't want them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment