Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Session 1

Started treatment today.  This was a difficult decision for me to make.  At the beginning I was pretty much forced into it by my physician and some other outside forces.  I've delayed by about a month due to my Grandmother being ill and then passing.  I felt like I needed to be with her in the end while she was in the hospital and then at home while she was at home dying.  Then, of course, came the funeral.  During all that time, though, I was able to do a lot of soul searching and I was able to talk to Grandma, even though she couldn't talk back and decided I needed to do this for me. 
So, I officially started treatment today.  And I did it for me and no one else.  It is a small group and it feels comfortable.  Today anyway.  I'm very certain it won't at times.  I talked today just because I can't keep my big mouth shut and because I was called upon but there is a difference between telling a story and feeling a story.  That is when it is going to be really hard.  I'm going to be there for a while.  To get out I have to write and read an Autobiography to the group.  Can you say PROCRASTINATION??  I won't be doing that one anytime soon.  Prepare for changes because I'm sure some will be coming along.

No comments:

Post a Comment