Sunday, July 24, 2011

July 24th: 1st Post

This is a little scary:  I've been on my soap box for the last two days about mental illness and addiction but mainly mental illness.  Mom convinced me maybe it is time for me to blog.
If nobody knows I have bi-polar I, anxiety disorder and borderline personality disorder.  One by itself is a major pain in the ass but put all three together and you have a World of Up's and Down's.  I never know from day to day how my day is going to be.  Yes, I do take medication, a lot of it.  I wouldn't be able to function if I didn't.  I'm not doing this so that people will feel sorry for me but maybe to make people be more aware that they're are people out there like me.  If someone randomly walked up to me they would have no idea that there was something wrong.  I look normal on the outside (unless I hadn't taken a shower that day) but on the inside my brain is constantly racing and won't shut up.  I have my good days and my bad.  Please be patient with me as I go through this process and maybe help someone by just talking about what I go through from day to day.  Don't be afraid to talk, ask, discuss or just comment.

4 comments:

  1. Welcoming to the world of blogging, Ang. I'm proud of you for stepping out into the world with your words. You have a lot to say. People need to hear directly from you and others like you who are living day to day with mental illness. As you know we have a lot of it in our family. Not everyone wants to share, so it is good when one can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Sandra,
    I've always been afraid of what to say because of what people will think. I'm done with that if I can do nothing but help myself with this blogging so be it. It will be like therapy whenever I need it. Then if someone comes along that has mental illness and gets something out of it that is great too or if people who know nothing about get good information that is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie, I also suffer from Bipolar, Anxiety , and ADD. I used to feel different but thought it was all from my childhood. I take meds and do very well. It is a difficult thing to deal with. I have a pic of you that shows your depression and I always felt for you. Its also difficult for the people who love you (US) (anyone).The thing that some people dont realize is how scary it is wondering if your medicine is going to have a problem and send you spinning. I don't feel embarressed about it at all. Its a shame that it is such a hidden disease.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anonymous,
    I am glad you are doing well on your meds. I do well most of the time but still cycle. I'm a rapid cycler and can cycle as much as daily. I will also be effected if anything major goes on in my life, I may spiral up or down. I have been on so many different medications I can't count. Sometimes I do feel as if I'm out of control but there is really nothing I can do and at times I have no idea this is even going on.

    ReplyDelete