Sunday, August 7, 2011

I love my Friend

I love my friend.  There is only one problem, my friend is a guy.  For some people that is a problem.  For me it doesn't matter.  Yeah, if he wore a skirt it would be much easier but he would look awfully funny!  This man has become important in my life.  He has started checking on me everyday to make sure I'm OK.  He just stops in for a glass of tea and a chit chat for 20 mins or so.  He has become my "lawn boy".  He just runs over with his lawn mower and mows my lawn for me when he is doing his.  He'll get me out of the house if I need it and I've been cooped up for days.  He doesn't expect anything in return from me except to be his friend in return and be honest with him if anything is going on.  He doesn't care what I look like when he shows up and haven't had a shower for several days.  He just wants to know that I'm doing OK and then he'll try and put a smile on my face if he needs to.  Thank you friend.  I love you.  You know who you are.

2 comments:

  1. Friends are friends and gender shouldn't matter. People remember their hormonal passages too well, and think everything is about that. We have to not worry about what other people think, especially when our own [emotional, if not literal] lives are at stake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have known my friend for the past 4 yrs off and on and just in the past yr have we gotten closer. He is so easy to talk to and even takes the crap I throw his way. He just tells me like it is, no ultimatums. He just loves me for me. Doesn't ask me to change. He just wants me to be his friend. I know that no matter what he is going to be here for me when I have nobody else around.

    ReplyDelete