Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Trip to Amarillo

I got back last night from a whirlwind trip to go see my hubby.  It had been almost 2 months since I had seen him the last time.  I drove down Thurs. evening and met him in Amarillo and  stayed there one night.  We then had to move with the train and had to move to Childress where we thought we would be for the rest of the weekend.  Wrong!  We got up Sat. morning  and had to move back to Amarillo.  Stayed in Amarillo Sat. then moved back to Childress on Sun.  This is what he does all the time.  A different hotel every night.  He never gets a chance to settle in for any extended amount of time.  I couldn't do it.  I'm totally exhausted today.  We had a chance to spend some time together but not for any extended period of time so we used whatever time we could and used it to the best of our ability.  I got to meet some of his co-workers.  They are so much younger than he is.  They really don't have a care in the world.  They don't have to worry about houses and car payments or child support.  I did some work for the hubby one day while he was out so that he get caught up.  It  kept me busy and let me help him all at the same time.  I had such a very hard time leaving him last night when I came home.  I stalled for about as long as I could.  I wanted so much just to stay so that I could curl up with him just one more night.  I miss that so much.  The sleeping alone.  Even if we're not touching I want to be able to reach across the bed and at least know that he is there.  I want to hear him breathing beside me.   

2 comments:

  1. Oh Ang, I'm glad you got to spend some time together, even though it wasn't enough. And thank goodness he is working. Like your Mom says, we'll pray he gets a job back home soon, maybe two jobs back home. Meanwhile sweet dreams for you. Lots of pillows in your bed to keep you company. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do sleep with lots of pillows and 2 little girls that try and keep me company. Somehow, it's just not the same. Although, Lily does snore a little like he does.

    ReplyDelete